Let’s say you have an advertising budget – but determining how best to spend it is challenging.
Should you take out newspaper ads?
The short answer is…
…video. And here’s why:
Newspaper ads aren’t targeted.
The people most likely to become your customer may nor may not read the paper on the days you advertise.
Even if they do read the paper, they might not see your ad.
And even if they see your ad, it still won’t do much to make them feel comfortable with you.
Bottom Line: Newspaper ads are high cost and low return.
With television, at least the viewers can see you and your business.
But again – are your best prospects sitting in front of the TV, watching commercials when your commercial happens to air?
Bottom Line: TV commercials are high cost, low return.
Direct mail can work really well.
But it’s also really expensive – and it’s not just the costs of putting a mailer together and buying the postage, either.
You’ve got to test and test some more to figure out what works.
And it’s still almost as impersonal as a newspaper ad.
Bottom Line: Direct mail is high cost, possibly high return if executed correctly.
THE INTERNET AND VIDEO
But then there’s the Internet, and specifically, video.
Video gives you the opportunity to let your customers get to know you and your business.
They can feel comfortable with you before they ever make an appointment or set foot in your store.
And video works far better than online articles and stories, too.
Words tell, but videos sell.
Done correctly, video can be used as the bait to capture interest and get your business found by your future customers.
According to Forrester Research Group, video is 53 times more likely than text to appear on the first page of a search engine.
This means the very people searching for your type of business in your town are far, far more likely to find YOU and YOUR business if you have at least one video online.
And video is cost effective.
That is, the relative cost compared to other advertising media is extremely low, while the return can be extremely high.
Ready to learn more?
Give us a call today. 208-362-6611
Some things to consider …
Video has gained prominence as the preferred way to get information for people across nearly all relevant demographics, careers and geographic locations. It is an highly effective tool for reaching and connecting with customers and prospects on device users viewing websites, social media and video sharing sites. People prefer watching videos to learn about products and services when making purchasing decisions. Videos also rank well in search results and convert better than text alone.
What Can Video Do For Your Business?
These days video has not only become accepted on websites, social media and video sharing sites, it’s now expected. Especially by younger consumers who research products and services online and on their mobile devices before making a purchase. Here are some things to take into account as you consider whether or not to use videos to promote your business, products or services.
- Videos can motivate people to try a new store, product, service or to make purchases, all at the convenience of the prospect.
- A video can provide much more information than a static ad can and can shorten the sales process.
- Video content can be repurposed and used in other media and formats.
- Videos stay alive. They remain available online as evergreen assets long after they were created.
- Videos are are an efficient, cost-effective way to market.
- Video is shared easily and often on social media platforms, often expanding the reach of a well crafted video message with no added effort or cost. In 2012 video became the most shared content on Facebook, trumping pictures and article links. One study found videos drove sharing 375-per-cent more frequently than text-based status updates on business pages.
- Video is measurable. Analytics are readily accessible and can be used to define sources of increased sales.
- Marketing videos can evoke emotion much like television ads, shows and movies.
- Video is mobile and instantly accessible so it can be viewed wherever prospects are when they search for a product or service.
- Video is a marketing equalizer. It can level the playing field for small companies because it does not require a tremendous financial investment.
- Video enables companies to educate, engage and begin building relationships with their prospects before they enter a brick and mortar business.
- Video can help build and maintain relationships with existing customers and encourage brand engagement.
- When done correctly, video can help prospects more quickly get to know and trust a vendor.
We produce CUSTOM PROMOTIONAL VIDEOS in these styles:
- 2D Animation Videos
- Image Slideshow Videos
- Kinetic Text Videos
- Multi-Style Videos,
- Spokesperson Videos
- Whiteboard Videos.
- Personalized Videos.
We produce PRE-RECORDED VIDEOS that can be personalized for your business in 3 simple steps.
- Select the video(s) you want.
- Send us your information (Logo, Contact Information etc.)
- We do the rest!
We now have customizable videos for over 125 kinds of business. Go to to this page to learn more. Customizable Videos
Food For Thought. A Few Ways Businesses Are Using Video Today
- Article Content Repurposed as Videos
- Business Profile Videos
- Business Promotion Videos
- Business Presentation Videos
- Business Orientation Videos
- Educational Videos
- Email Videos
- eTraining Videos
- Event Videos
- Holiday Celebration Videos
- Infographic Style Explainer Videos
- Lead Generation Videos
- Press Release Videos
- Product Explainer Videos
- Product Launch Videos
- Product Promotion Videos
- Product Use/How to Videos
- Photo Slideshow Videos
- Point of Sale Videos
- Product Videos – Videos as Digital Products
- Screen Capture Videos
- Social Media Clips
- Television Commercial Video
- Thank You Card Videos
- Video Sales Letters
- Waiting Room Videos
- Webinar Recording Videos
Contact us to explore the possibilities. 208-362-6611