One of the hottest recent trends in marketing today is the hyper-explosive growth of Video Marketing. Video is showing up in advertising on websites and social media sites, as key components of content marketing strategies, in mobile marketing campaigns, as central elements in sales funnels,in email marketing campaigns, as the first touchpoint in lead generation campaigns … and the list goes on. Online Video has become an increasingly important part of the marketing mix and marketing budgets for most organizations.
- Videos can motivate people to try a new store, product, service or to make purchases, all at the convenience of the prospect.
- A video can provide much more information than a static ad can and can shorten the sales process.
- Video content can be repurposed and used in other media and formats.
- Videos stay alive. They remain available online.
- Videos are are an efficient, cost effective way to market.
- Video is shared easily and often on social media platforms, often expanding the reach of a well crafted video message with no added effort or cost. In 2012 video became the most shared content on Facebook, trumping pictures and article links. One study found videos drove sharing 375-per-cent more frequently than text-based status updates on business pages.
- Video is measurable. Analytics are readily accessible and can be used to define sources of increased sales.
- Marketing videos can evoke emotion much like television ads, shows and movies, encouraging viewer comments that can become vital feedback for marketers.
- Video is mobile and instantly accessible so it can be viewed wherever prospects are when they search for a product or service.
- Video is a marketing equalizer. It levels the playing field between for small companies because it does not require a tremendous financial investment.
- Video enables companies to educate, engage and begin building relationships with their prospects before they enter a brick and mortar business.
- When done correctly, video can allow prospects to more quickly get to know and trust a vendor.
To learn more about what is happening to online video today visit the Video Marketing page.